For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Creators for Good (‘we’ or ‘us’) are the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name and email address) whenever you complete an online form. For example, we will obtain your personal data when you sign up to join our email list or buy our services.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- customer profiling and analysing your preferences;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you;
- security vetting; and
- improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email about our services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘Your rights’, below for further information.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity. We shall not disclose your personal data to any other third parties without your permission.
Keeping your data secure
We will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example we restrict access to your data.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
For fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search).
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data you want access to.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to info[at]creatorsforgood.com with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable);
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg your full name); and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to info[at]creatorsforgood.com. Our registered office is 71-75 Shelton Street, London WC2H 9JQ.